The Buying Process
Considering and purchasing your new home is an exciting time. It will be a memory to last a lifetime and I am here to make it a great experience for you and your family!
What can you expect?
I will begin by setting up a time for us to meet where I can get to know you and you can get to know me. We will discuss what you are looking for and what you really want in a home. I will help guide you through the following steps:
- Determining your budget. I recommend getting a pre-approval for a mortgage first and you meet with your financial planner to see your desired price range. If you need a recommendation for a reputable broker or lender please do not hesitate to ask, as I can provide this to you!
- Understanding what you want. Once you have your price range I will start understanding what you want based on your needs. Here I will be asking you the type/style of property (detached house, condo, investment property, etc.), the location, how many bedrooms/bathrooms are needed and any other desired features that are important to you.
- Searching for your home. When we have settled on your needs and wants, we will begin our search. I will be with you every step of the way providing recommendations and alerting you of any new properties available on the market. Then we tour! It will be time to go to the properties and get to know everything about them and local market.
- Making an offer. At this stage I will be making sure all the paperwork is thoroughly completed to present to the seller. I will work with you to set an offer price that has the best chance of being accepted without going outside of your comfort zone. We will include any conditions, such as, passing a professional home inspection. I will handle all the negotiations and paperwork with the seller’s agent while communicating with you the entire way to make the deal.
- Finding the professionals. You will want to find your team of professionals. This will be a reputable real estate lawyer, insurance agent, inspector, moving company, etc. If you need a recommendation, let me know, I am here to help.
- Closing the deal. My work doesn’t stop once the deal is signed. I will be with you every step of the way to ensure all conditions are met and waived to your satisfaction. I will take care of all administrative details on your behalf and work with the seller’s agent, your lawyer and your mortgage lender to ensure everything has been completed and submitted.
- Moving In! When we have completed everything it is now the most exciting time for me as an agent to hand you your keys and say “Welcome Home!”
Ready to go?
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.